Tuesday, June 05, 2007

a piece of the pie?




Those who are Hispanics and reformed(as well as my African American brothers and sisters who are reformed) do not have a tribe mentality or want a piece of the pie or our own little space to call our own in the reformed community--what we want that within the reformed faith God has given Hispanics and African American and other minorities gifts, wisdom,experiences etc that we want to bring the TO THE BANQUET TABLE (worship,doing,living the church,spreading the gospel and not be served the same menu and have ours rejected,ignored,criticized,ridiculed,discouraged and frowned upon as second rate or sub Christan not based on the regulative principle of Scriptures:our final authority rather a pseudo regulative principle based on human traditions and dominant culture....
9And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals,for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, 10and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth." rev 5:9-10
9After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10and crying out with a loud voice, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" rev 7:9-10
Praise the Lord, all you nations. Praise him, all you people of the earth. 2 For he loves us with unfailing love; the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever.
Praise the Lord! psalms 117
In light of bilical regulative princple:
19-23Even though I am free of the demands and expectations of everyone, I have voluntarily become a servant to any and all in order to reach a wide range of people: religious, nonreligious, meticulous moralists, loose-living immoralists, the defeated, the demoralized—whoever. I didn't take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ—but I entered their world and tried to experience things from their point of view. I've become just about every sort of servant there is in my attempts to lead those I meet into a God-saved life. I did all this because of the Message. I didn't just want to talk about it; I wanted to be in on it! ( 1 corinthians 9:19-23)

No comments: