Wednesday, April 02, 2008

my son takes me to theology class


My son slept peacefully yesterday night as a fierce rain storm pounded our windows seeking if it could to shatter them...(samething happend awhile back as fierce gusts of wind tried to do the same thing)he slept peacefully because i was there-this points us to the theology of God's provindence and sovereignty-we should likewise find our peace,our security and our refuge in Him during life's storms...



Psalm 91
My Refuge and My Fortress 1He who dwells in(A) the shelter of the Most High will abide in(B) the shadow of the Almighty.2I will say[a] to the LORD, "My(C) refuge and my(D) fortress, my God, in whom I(E) trust."
3For he will deliver you from(F) the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.4He will(G) cover you with his pinions, and under his(H) wings you will(I) find refuge; his(J) faithfulness is(K) a shield and buckler.5(L) You will not fear(M) the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day,6nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
7A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.8You will only look with your eyes and(N) see the recompense of the wicked.
9Because you have made the LORD your(O) dwelling place— the Most High, who is my(P) refuge[b]—10(Q) no evil shall be allowed to befall you, (R) no plague come near your tent.
11(S) For he will command his(T) angels concerning you to(U) guard you in all your ways.12On their hands they will bear you up, lest you(V) strike your foot against a stone.13You will tread on(W) the lion and the(X) adder; the young lion and(Y) the serpent you will(Z) trample underfoot.
14"Because he(AA) holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he(AB) knows my name.15When he(AC) calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and(AD) honor him.16With(AE) long life I will satisfy him and(AF) show him my salvation."
Footnotes:
Psalm 91:2 Septuagint He will say
Psalm 91:9 Or For you, O LORD, are my refuge! You have made the Most High your dwelling place


Luke 8:22-25 (American Standard Version)
American Standard Version (ASV)
Copyright © 1901 Public Domain
22 Now it came to pass on one of those days, that he entered into a boat, himself and his disciples; and he said unto them, Let us go over unto the other side of the lake: and they launched forth.
23 But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filling with water, and were in jeopardy.
24 And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. And he awoke, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.
25 And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And being afraid they marvelled, saying one to another, Who then is this, that he commandeth even the winds and the water, and they obey him?

No comments: