Friday, April 18, 2008

a living testimony againest abortion



God graciously kept me till my time to be delivered-where others counseled abortion....WHAT THEN? can i do no less for my unborn-or all unborn??? to bless and share with them the same love,grace,compassion and mercy God has taught my heart????( this thought came to mind when i was reflecting on my wife's recent ultrasound revealing she is truly 7 weeks pregant and he said wait some 5 more weeks to officially announce it after the results of the standard blood tests for down syndrome etc come back-so we can have the accursed option to have a abortion if the results come back unfavorably as the world and not God defines it)



Psalm 139:13-18
View commentary related to this passage
13For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb.
14I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
15My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery].
16Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
17How precious and weighty also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!(A)
18If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand. When I awoke, [could I count to the end] I would still be with You.

Cross references:
Psalm 139:17 : Ps 40:5
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
Proverbs 24:11-12
View commentary related to this passage
11Deliver those who are drawn away to death, and those who totter to the slaughter, hold them back [from their doom].
12If you [profess ignorance and] say, Behold, we did not know this, does not He Who weighs and ponders the heart perceive and consider it? And He Who guards your life, does not He know it? And shall not He render to [you and] every man according to his works?

Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
Psalm 127:3
3Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.(A)

Cross references:
Psalm 127:3 : Deut 28:4
Amplified Bible (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
Proverbs 31:7-9
View commentary related to this passage
7Let him drink and forget his poverty and [seriously] remember his want and misery no more.
8Open your mouth for the dumb [those unable to speak for themselves], for the rights of all who are left desolate and defenseless;(A)
9Open your mouth, judge righteously, and administer justice for the poor and needy.(B)

Cross references:
Proverbs 31:8 : I Sam 19:4; Esth 4:16; Job 29:15, 16
Proverbs 31:9 : Lev 19:15; Deut 1:16; Job 29:12; Isa 1:17; Jer 22:16


John 9
1And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.


No comments: