Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dog the bounty hunter:Dog theology




LInks:






larry king live interview


I like Dog but as watched his show i always had problems with him testifying of his christain faith and in the same breath erasing that by cursing. Perhaps he just thought that in order for the criminals he arrests-he has has to curse to get their respect.......maybe in his bible studies he came across this verse:

22(A) To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak.(B) I have become all things to all people, that(C) by all means I might save some.(1cor 9:22)
And he did not compare to other scriptures and built his theology on this one verse-if he did he would've seen some of these verses:


14But as for you,(A) continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom[a] you learned it 15and how(B) from childhood you have been acquainted with(C) the sacred writings,(D) which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16(E) All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17that(F) the man of God[b] may be competent,(G) equipped(H) for every good work.(2 tim3:14-17)


15Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.(2tim 2:15)


11Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness,(A) examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.(acts 17:11)


perhaps he did and we christains find it hard to give up certain heart sins...yet God expects us to fight those remants of sin in us till He comes or we pass unto glory:


23And I do this for the sake of the good news (the Gospel), in order that I may become a participator in it and share in its [blessings along with you].
24Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but [only] one receives the prize? So run [your race] that you may lay hold [of the prize] and make it yours.
25Now every athlete who goes into training conducts himself temperately and restricts himself in all things. They do it to win a wreath that will soon wither, but we [do it to receive a crown of eternal blessedness] that cannot wither.(1cor 9:23-25)


6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.(2tim 4:6-8)


1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
The Discipline of God 3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.(heb 12:1-3)







perhaps he found it too hard and just gave up:


14-16 I can anticipate the response that is coming:

"I know that all God's commands are spiritual, but I'm not. Isn't this also your experience?" Yes. I'm full of myself—after all, I've spent a long time in sin's prison. What I don't understand about myself is that I decide one way, but then I act another, doing things I absolutely despise. So if I can't be trusted to figure out what is best for myself and then do it, it becomes obvious that God's command is necessary.
17-20But I need something more! For if I know the law but still can't keep it, and if the power of sin within me keeps sabotaging my best intentions, I obviously need help! I realize that I don't have what it takes. I can will it, but I can't do it. I decide to do good, but I don't really do it; I decide not to do bad, but then I do it anyway. My decisions, such as they are, don't result in actions. Something has gone wrong deep within me and gets the better of me every time.
21-23It happens so regularly that it's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God's commands, but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.
24I've tried everything and nothing helps. I'm at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn't that the real question? (romans 7:14-24)


perhaps he is a baby christain(i do not mean a carnal christain teaching)and is immature:

11Concerning this we have much to say which is hard to explain, since you have become dull in your [spiritual] hearing and sluggish [even [a]slothful in achieving spiritual insight].
12For even though by this time you ought to be teaching others, you actually need someone to teach you over again the very first principles of God's Word. You have come to need milk, not solid food.
13For everyone who continues to feed on milk is obviously inexperienced and unskilled in the doctrine of righteousness (of conformity to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action), for he is a mere infant [not able to talk yet]!(heb 5:11-13)


pray For Dog and his family

No comments: