Thank you for your willingness to pray for and support the East Harlem Church Plant.
We will be sending you an e-newsletter each month to let you know what is happening and inform you about our specific
prayer needs. September will be an exciting and busy time. Please join us in praying for the following:
• Melanie and I have already met twice with who we hope will become a core group of leaders for the new church and I am
meeting with others who have expressed an interest in joining the team. Please pray that God will bring the right team
together and develop solid relationships and a common vision for His work in East Harlem.
• I will be participating in several small groups designed to provide encouragement and mentoring in church planting and
urban ministry, as well as attending the celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the Fulton Street Revival. Please pray
that God will use these gatherings to help me grow as a leader and to build relationships with other ministries.
• I’m honored to have opportunities to preach twice this month at Christian Reformed Church congregations in New Jersey.
Please pray that God would bless my words.
• Pray that God would grow the relationships we have with our neighbors in our building and community, and that He
would prepare many of these wonderful people to be part of the church.
• Pray for Adrian and David as they return to school this fall - Adrian a freshman in high school, David in fifth grade.
Ask God to protect them and use the challenges they face to bring them closer to Him. Pray that as parents we would
know how to help them understand the church plant and their roles within it.
Johnny Acevedo . East Harlem Church Plant . 1400 5th Avenue #2E . New York, NY 10026
(212) 534-1359 . (917) 238-0029 (cell) . firstname.lastname@example.org
Checks can be made payable to Mid Atlantic Ministries and sent to our address. Gifts are tax-deductible.
Thank you for your support!
EAST September 2007 Update
Also, seek the peace and
prosperity of the city
to which I have carried
you into exile. Pray to
the LORD for it, because
if it prospers, you too