Monday, February 18, 2008
pastor's and seminary
Is it neccesary that Pastor's need to go to Seminary? Yes and No...honestly no if:
1. out of pride-to compete with the world...
2. as a vaccine from teaching and spreading false doctrine in the church. Church history has shown false doctrine has come from both the Seminarian trained and the untrained.
3. to get the big bucks...Remember the pastorate is not a career choice but a calling from God witnessed and attested and supported by the local church one attends...
4. it will make you a better Christain
1. to better one serve the sheep God has given them...
regardless if you go to seminary or not
regardless if your name has a bunch of letters after it or not
BOth have the most prestigous name we can have: Christain,a child of God...
2 Timothy 2:14-16
14Remind them of these things, and(A) charge them before God[a](B) not to quarrel about words,(C) which does no good, but only ruins the hearers. 15Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved,[b] a worker(D) who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 16But(E) avoid(F) irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness,
12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”
yes- God has used both the unlearned and learned to glorify and praise Him:
the apostles, john Owen/ Martyn lloyd jones,charles spurgeon/john bunyan etc