Monday, April 23, 2007

my five year old son takes me to theology class

My son's first words were thank you-for awhile no one belived me until he confirmed it by saying it in front of my family one day. This drew out this personal reflection:

that our first words should be when we are saved by Christ is: thank you

every mercy,grace,blessing from the hands of our Lord and Savior: thank you

our family,friends: thank you

our talents: thank you

our education: thank you

our health: thank you

our luxeries,jobs,homes,food: thank you

our good times and bad times; thank you


12I give thanks to Him Who has granted me [the needed] strength and made me able [for this], Christ Jesus our Lord, because He has judged and counted me faithful and trustworthy, appointing me to [this stewardship of] the ministry.( 1tim 1;12)

1O GIVE thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever.
2O give thanks to the God of gods, for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever.
3O give thanks to the Lord of lords, for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever--(psalms 136:1-3)

23and I behold another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of the sin that [is] in my members.
24A wretched man I [am]! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death?
25I thank God -- through Jesus Christ our Lord; so then, I myself indeed with the mind do serve the law of God, and with the flesh, the law of sin. ( RO 7:23-25)


15Now thanks be to God for His Gift, [precious] beyond telling [His indescribable, inexpressible, free Gift]!( 2COR 9:15)

4For everything God has created is good, and nothing is to be thrown away or refused if it is received with thanksgiving( 1TIM 4:4)

20At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.( EPH 5:20)

No comments: