Tuesday, April 28, 2009

image is not everything


The other week we went to see horton hears a who and me and my son were wearing DR Seuss hats to go see it. But my mother in law saw this and told my wife about it-who insisted that we do not wear the hat till we got there. You see to my mother in law and most people IMAGE IS EVERYTHING like the nike ad awhile back. My point is because of the fall image is everything-we hide the ugliness of our heart behind a facade of nice clothes,status,education,religous rituals but that does not change the reality of that ugly heart shaped like a clutched fist towards God (trying to please God like cain our way:)
Genesis 4:4-6 (English Standard Version)

4and Abel also brought of(A) the firstborn of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD(B) had regard for Abel and his offering, 5but(C) for Cain and his offering he had no regard. So Cain was very angry, and his face fell. 6The LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen?
that WE all are naturally born with...
Psalm 51:4-6 (English Standard Version)

4(A) Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil(B) in your sight,(C) so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment.5Behold,(D) I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.6Behold, you delight in truth in(E) the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart.
The only way to remove that ugly heart is the Gospel of Jesus Christ:
Romans 1:15-17 (English Standard Version)

15So I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome.
The Righteous Shall Live by Faith 16For(A) I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is(B) the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew(C) first and also to(D) the Greek. 17For in it(E) the righteousness of God is revealed(F) from faith for faith,[a](G) as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith."[b]

No comments: